Lazada Philippines

How do I Love Thee, The Mister Donut Way


I thought Valentine's Day nowadays are usually defined by the girlfriend-boyfriend relationship, the amount of how much your gift is worth, who could purchase the most expensive things. But Mister Donut gave me a better definition, it’s the time of the year when you get be your kid self again, get the once in a year ticket to express your love. Where nothing really mattered but the happiness you can give. When smile is the only important thing in the world. I just can’t stop smiling; reminiscing the time I spent with the people I love with only a box of Mister Donut Bavarian Doubles and the Valentine Gift Set. With the people I shared my dreams with. The people who knew that I would do everything for them to make them smile. The people whom I get my strength with. They may have grown up but the smile that they give, are frozen in my memory.
Today, I sleep teary eyed, smiling, and thinking of the day how I show my love to my children, the Mister Donut way. Smile in every bite, simple yet oozing with love.





Thank you Mister Donut….

“.....for 43 years I have ventured my way through loosenin’ myself with the general demands of life...from work down  to attending events that eventually led me to Mister Donut on a hitch ride without a sense of direction...followed by a hasty decision to explore Bavarian Doubles having a coffee  as an awkward way to warm myself up.....I could not help but long for the comfort of home...
.....a jeepney ride  bridged that yearning but I found myself tightly sorting out different variants s for a glimpse, and bumping into flavors  I haven’t seen tasted ....As moments turn to customary eating  all throughout... I noticed how every bite reminded me to view life beyond its imperfections...of choosing the essential over preference, of living with the decisions I made and to journey all along with faces who never left me in my troubled days and give me strength...
I may have lost someone along the way but seeing my children accomplishments and what they have become gave way to all the pain.
I bite once again to the sweetness of the Bavarian Doubles to express and listen to what I am not saying, feeling the love of my children.


 ''......there is a certain stillness… a calm embrace from nature and a reflective pause that moved us to unwind…….
this is not just about widenin’ our conversation but going deeper of what our conversation is.....
that often a last Bavarian Doubles  offer seems unending ''


Happy Valentine’s Day Every Day

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...