Lazada Philippines

Mike Chan Launches New Album

Rock Balladeer Mike Chan recently release his self titled second full length solo album under Heroes Records and Star Records last April 28 at Tiendesitas, in Pasig City


Mike Chan will perform every Tuesday at Tiendesitas until June and at various SM Supermalls starting May 7 for his album tour
Mike Chan the album is presented by Myphone, DJM Music, Shimmian Surgicenter Manila, Eventus Advertising, Game Club and Epipes
Here's one of the performance of Mike Chan that was uploaded in YouTube
Mike Chan Though often mistaken for a Korean or Taiwanese actor because of his pure Chinese good looks, Mike Chan is very much a Filipino when it comes to his music. “I cut my teeth in show business by hosting and singing O.P.M. love songs back when I was still with the noon time show (Chowtime Na!)” recalls Mike, “I took that job because I thought it would open doors for me in the music industry. Thankfully it did just that!” The show lasted for 2 years and in that time, Mike was able to meet the different movers and shakers in the music world. In fact, it was during the taping of one of the shows episodes where he met Jimmy Bondoc, whom he would later partner with (along with Luke Mejares, Paolo Santos, Top Suzara and DJ Myke) to form the group The Sabado Boys. “The Sabado Boys was a turning point for me, musically, because back when I was doing Chowtime, I was basically the only host, other than April Boy Regino, who sang. There was really no pressure for me to push myself to excel musically.” “When we formed the group, I found myself all of a sudden performing with guys who have built careers out of singing and making music! It was intimidating to say the least” Mike says laughing. “It turned out to be a real blessing though because music was what I wanted to pursue and these guys have been very generous when it comes to sharing with me what they know.” And what they have taught him was plenty judging from the content of his newest album. “I’m at the stage where I’m exploring different types of music. My comfort zone has always been the ballads but I realized that in music, as in life, you have to take chances and try new things if you want to grow.” The album contains revival songs from different genres of music. Stay Awake originally by Ronnie Laws and Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko by Bodgie’s Law Of Gravity lean towards pop jazz while Take Me Now by David Gates is a straight pop ballad. “By far the tracks I enjoyed recording most are Mike Francis’ Let Me In and O.M.D.’s If You Leave” notes Mike. “These are new wave songs we’ve re arranged and have given a pop alternative treatment to make them sound contemporary. The results have been pleasantly surprising for me because I’m beginning to gravitate towards the pop rock genre and I grew up singing new wave songs so the prospect of reintroducing these songs with a new twist for younger listeners appeal to me” A career in music almost never happened for Mike because the initial offers he received when he was starting out were acting roles and hosting jobs. This isn’t surprising because Mike is statuesque at 5’ 10” and has a built honed by years of swimming, playing tennis and motorcycle racing. He could easily become a model, an actor or a sports icon. Thankfully the muses of music claimed him once he started singing on TV. and he is where he says he wants to be at the 


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...